Thursday, January 11, 2018

What I Expect to get out of TINST 475

    I like to think a lot. I am the type of person who tends to zone out and get get lost in their head on a daily basis. While much of this thinking constitutes of nothing more than daydreams and memories, sometimes I'll plunge down the rabbit hole of a cool idea. Often a solution to some type of problem or inconvenience I am experiencing, I like to entertain the idea of one day producing a solution to one of my problems and distributing it to anyone else who shares my plight. The dangling potential of fame and fortune certainly doesn't hurt either. The barrier between these daydreams and  my reality is a combination of time, money, fear, doubt, ability... But  mostly just not knowing where to start. I was thrilled when I saw that my five of my elective credits could be filled not only by taking an entrepreneurship class, but one specifically geared towards technology, my  field of work and study.

    My hope is that if or when I come up with an idea that I think is worth risking my time and money to pursue I will have obtained from this class the set of skills necessary to fund, protect, market, deploy, and ultimately profit off of my idea. I am particularly interested in TINST 475 because, to my understanding, it will provide me with a rundown of how to get an idea off the ground without requiring prior business education. Through my education I want to round out my skills as not only a developer but an individual. The next time I get an idea, I want to be able to say "I can make this happen" instead of "that would be a cool thing to do some day."

No comments:

Post a Comment